Been following the game for a few years now and I'm I've always been impressed with what Phanxs has done and all the progress he's made. Keep up with the good work!
A downloadable game's Alpha Access for Windows and macOS
Aether Story is a passion project mixing the aesthetic of our most beloved retro RPGs with the modern MMO-like game play elements, allowing us to create a co-op adventure that you can play with your friends.
Explore the world as a hero with a mysterious past, as you learn the world is being destroyed by dark forces. Are you the hero that will save mankind? Are you the hero of light? Join Aether Story and make a name for yourself.
- Explore - Adventure across a detailed world full of quests, characters, and caves. Discover the beautifully pixelated world of Aether. Currently there are two zones in the game, with new zones added every major patch.
- Quest - There are 9 quests in the game providing around 2 hours of game play already in the game. Story driven quests will be coming soon.
- Leaderboards - Hunt for chests and hidden treasures throughout the world and place in the leaderboards.
- Play with your friends or make new ones - Aether Story is an always online MMORPG set in a pixel world.
Planned and Coming Soon:
- A Main Story - see the world through a story told in the JRPG style.
- Battle and Combat - what appears as classic turn based combat plays like a real-time, fast-paced strategic battle system.
- Monster Encounters - round up and gather monsters to fight, you are in control of how many monsters you fight at a time- no random monster encounters.
- Professions and Crafting - gather materials and craft epic items and gear.
- PvP - fight other players and along side other players in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 battles.
- Player Housing - get those decoration skills on and make the perfect pad to chill and invite your in-game friends over to.
Controls and Help
Use the arrow keys (or WASD) to walk around.
Use the Space bar to interact with objects and talk to NPC's, as long as you are facing them. Also the Space bar is used to close dialogs or move to the next dialog.
Use the ESC key to open the main menu. You can also get to various sub menus by using the letters (I)nventory and Quest (J)ournal.
If you have any problems join us in discord.
Join Discord for suggestions, bug reports, help and more! https://discord.gg/phanxgames
Want Early Alpha Access?
You may gain instant early access to the Aether Story closed Alpha by purchasing it directly here on this page!
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Made with||Aseprite, Tiled, Pyxel Edit|
|Tags||16-bit, Fantasy, MMORPG, Multiplayer, original-sound-track, Pixel Art, Retro|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Links||Homepage, Twitch, Patreon, Twitter, YouTube|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- July 2020: Status Update4 days ago
- Player Trading, Weight Management - Aether Story MMORPG Patch 0.3.5884 days ago
- Easter Event in Aether Story - Holiday MMORPG PatchApr 11, 2020
- Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.29 - LeaderboardsMar 24, 2020
- Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.21 is now Live!Feb 24, 2020
- Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.19 is now Live! Adding the limited edition Pink Sl...Feb 05, 2020
- Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.15 is now Live!Dec 13, 2019
- Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.13 is now Live!Dec 06, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Been watching the twitch dev stream. Incredible work. Looking forward to what the future brings!
Thank you for being an awesome twitch viewer, supporter of the studio, and fan of the game! You are awesome KevBob!
I found this game being developed on twitch today, and honestly, I reckon it has very high potential.
The developer is extremely vigilant, able to keep his eye out for suggestions and bug reports made by the players.
The Art and Music are well done and I cannot wait until more in depth features such as Combat and PvP get added into the game. At the moment, the game doesn't have the most content ever seen before, but there's a lot of content, whether it be exploring the map, talking with others, and collecting hidden chests around the map in order to receive special items.
I can't wait to see development of this project to progress ever more. I'll definitely be around!
Thank you for your encouragement. I hope you enjoy the new content. Hope to see you in a twitch dev stream and in discord soon!
The game is great so far! Its really exciting to see progress always being made, and to be involved in the development streams. I can't wait for the game to continue to be fleshed out!!
GOBLIN!! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I can't wait for you to check out the new content we are have in store!
Awesome game! Looking forward to more updates.
Thank you for checking out the game and posting here :D
I can't wait until we get combat into the game, which will be coming in the next major update to the game. We are all working very hard on. Its all coming together, its very exciting!!
This game so far I think is really fun! I am one that loves to explore games and this one by far is fun to find the hidden stashes and it's also pretty stable to me. I haven't seen many MMO's that have the sprites looking so crisp and colorful. I can't wait for more content to be released!
A great little MMO with a lot of potential. It has lots of exploring to do and things to find. The little secrets to find chests and loot are fun to look for.
Looking forward to seeing more and more content to be added!
Lots of love and hidden items in it, keep it up, hope the combat will be fun
This is a very nice concept of a Final Fantasy MMO. What I like about the world is that it isn't plain and boring bunch of tiles but places actually got some life in them and some extra designs that make spots interesting
I see this project going some good places :)
I really love this game but I can't find the cave for the moss by the lumberjacks.
Any help would be appreciated. But I've been havinga blast so far. Awesome game
Found the cave. I can't go past the outpost north and can't get inot the swamp and on the map that has the bee hives I can't get to the next section. I'm not sure where I can go next. Suggestions?
I'm glad you found the cave!
Unfortunately it sounds like you explored all that we have added to the game thus far!
I can tell you though that there are over 80 hidden items and treasure chests for you to find. If you wish to keep exploring every corner of the areas you already been.
We are actively developing Aether Story, and more content will be added each month! Up next is combat and monsters... its going to change everything!
If you enjoyed the game and wish to help fund us, please consider donating. This game is developed by the support by players like you. Thank you so much for playing!
Thank you! I'm glad you love it.
The cave you are looking for is within 10 tiles from the lumberyard. Check to the east (to the right) of the hut in the lumberyard!
You need to go north east from there and then get a bit down where there is a cave opening
This game is cool! It’s also very pretty with some spooky dungeons. 🙂